An age-old remedy for skin and health in India, pure Virgin Coconut Oil is now firmly established as a superfood across the world. Even though it is a saturated fat, it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that improve health, skin and hair in various ways. Coconut oil- the virgin kind is also free of deodorization, refinement and hydrogenation all of which helps preserve the nutritional value of the oil.
Listed below are some benefits that you get from regular use of virgin coconut oil.
Virgin Coconut Oil is highly nutritious and has a unique combination of fatty acids that have a positive effect on health including loss of fat, improved brain-functioning and many other impressive benefits. It is one of the smartest health choices to make since it is rich in vitamins, fibre and minerals. Below are a few more virgin coconut oil benefits:
- Increases the fat burning process- Virgin coconut oil consists of healthy saturated fats called Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which can boost the process of burning fats, help in building muscles and provide the body with energy.
- Kills harmful microorganisms- Virgin coconut oil contains about 50% lauric acid- a substance found in mother’s milk. When lauric acid is digested, it forms a substance called monolaurin which can kill harmful bacteria, fungi and viruses present in the body.
- Controls appetite- The fatty acids in coconut oil can reduce appetite which further help in reducing body weight in the long run.
- Assists with epilepsy- The MCT’s in virgin coconut oil are said to increase the concentration of ketone bodies in the blood which help reduce seizures in epileptic children.
- Regulates metabolism- It helps to boost and regulate the body’s metabolic rate. When the metabolic rate increases, it speeds up the process of cell regeneration due to which the body replaces old cells with new ones very quickly.
- Helps to control diabetes- Regular intake of virgin coconut oil regulates the secretion of insulin which can help in reducing the risks associated with diabetes.
- Reduces the chance of heart disease- Virgin coconut oil is very good for the heart since the MCTs present not only reduce the bad cholesterol level (LDL) but also raise the good cholesterol level (HDL) reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Improves digestion & reduces hypothyroidism- Consumption of virgin coconut oil helps in improving and reducing hypothyroidism. On regular intake, it may resolve the problem of digestion and bowel syndrome as well.
The tropical treasure- virgin coconut oil has remarkable benefits and therapeutic properties that can feed and moisturize the skin, reduce stretch marks, fight skin problems and so on. Virgin coconut oil keeps the skin hydrated to prevent bacteria from entering the body, promotes the healing of scars and maintains overall skin integrity.
- Reduces stretch marks- Virgin coconut oil is a great oil for reducing stretch marks caused due to pregnancy, heavy weight loss or immense weight gain. Massage regularly on the particular area to get rid of stretch marks.
- Helps to fight skin problems- Regular application of virgin coconut oil helps control dry rashes and dry skin problems. It can also be used to treat eczema, psoriasis and other skin problems.
- Moisturizes dry skin- Virgin coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. Use this instead of a chemical-based moisturiser for flawless skin.
- Helps to treat acne & pimples- The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) in coconut oil help treat acne and pimples.
- Acts as a natural cleanser- It can be used as a face cleanser to remove makeup and keep the skin wrinkle free.
- Removes scars and heals wounds- It is useful for the treatment of scars, infections, spread of staph and other skin disorders. Minor cuts and wounds can be treated with Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Strengthens the tissue- It removes dead cells and strengthens tissues underneath the skin.
Benefits for Hair:
Virgin coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that moisturize and nourish the scalp and hair. It is a natural remedy to combat frizz, remove and prevent lice, remove dandruff etc. The antibacterial properties of virgin coconut oil can ward off any infection of the hair follicles and fight fungal infections as well.
- Makes hair shine– Frequent application of Virgin Coconut Oil, gives a natural shine to the hair.
- Stimulates hair growth- It stimulates hair growth by strengthening the roots and cleaning the scalp.
- Leave-in conditioner- It acts as a moisturizer or conditioner for the hair. It can be used as a hair mask too as a deep conditioning treatment.
KLF Nirmal’s Virgin Coconut Oil is India’s most well-known natural virgin coconut oil devoid of any additives. Other brands like Kama Ayurveda, Forest Essentials claim to be 100% natural but are only used topically and cannot be consumed. KLF virgin coconut oil on the other hand, can be consumed and used topically since it is highly nutritious and contains Vitamin E, antioxidants and minerals. It is extremely beneficial for the skin, hair and health. Regular intake and regular use of Virgin Coconut Oil can help cure a multitude of health problems, protect hair from weather and sun damage and enhance the health and appearance of the skin.